200ml cold water
1 tsp salt
200g savoury cheese
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp chives, chopped
Ready in approx. 30 mins
1. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add eggs, salt and add the cold water while stirring continuously until the mixture begins to bubble.
2. Grate the cheese or cut it into small cubes. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. In a big saucepan, bring plenty of salted water to the boil. Add the mixture in small batches, using a spaetzle strainer or a spoon, and lightly press into the water. Bring to the boil and, after approx. 2 minutes, when the spaetzle are beginning to rise to the surface, remove them using a slotted spoon. Briefly rinse under cold water and leave to drain in a colander or sieve.
4. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and gently fry until soft. Add the spaetzle, mix well and stir-fry.
5. Add the cheese and stir until it has melted. Divide evenly between four plates and sprinkle with chives.